Databases are part of a fundamental technological component of the applications, both classical and innovative, which allow companies to provide the best solutions to their clients. It is to help these companies achieve these objectives that IN2 database experts offer their great experience to propose a whole series of services, allowing to improve the management capacity, performance and optimize the execution of these applications.
Once you have taken the data to the realm of pure information, all you need is a tool.
Neal Stephenson / “Criptonomicón” (1999)
- Collect Oracle best practices at configuration level, backup and recovery, upgrades and architecture.
- Configuration audits, through the execution of the configuration assessment tool (oracheck) and security evaluation (dbsat).
- Support for GDPR compliance.
- Deliver short technical presentations on the specific functionalities of the DB, new versions information, recommendations on Backup, Recovery and database Tuning.
Backup and recovery
- Control of completion of backups and resolution in case of errors.
- Design and planning of Backup and Recovery policies following the best practices.
- Writing and configuration of backup scripts.
- Restoration tests.
- High availability tests.
- Structure and dispose of the storage for the database at the physical level and the logical level.
- Physical design, installation and configuration of the servers.
- Version changes and upgrades.
- Creation of development, preproduction and production environments.
- Evaluate new software releases of the database, recommend the use of new features.
- Perform Capacity Planning for the replacement of infrastructure.
- Basic maintenance of database structures such as tablespaces and execution of scripts provided by the client.
- Monthly report and SLA compliance report.
- Use of exports / imports to update schemas or databases between different databases.
- Manage the shared distribution of resources between applications.
- Perform reorganizations of the database, to improve performance and facilitate administration.
- Implement different security policies of the data database (profiles, roles, privileges, selective encryption, certificates, etc).
- Analysis of the performance of the database.
- Tuning recommendations, implementation of those corresponding to the Database.
- Tuning of SQL statements: recommendations but not implementation of them.
- Provide technical support for the developers, support in the resolution of problems.
- Analysis of complex level problems.
- Detailed analysis and root cause of problems at the level of the database.
- Opening and management of incidents open to support.