The Andorran Bank of the Social Security (Caixa Andorrana de la Seguretat Social-CASS) is a parapublic entity and has the mission of ensuring the administrative, technical and financial management of the Andorran social security system, under the control of the Government.
It main missions are:
- Formalize registrations, registrations, deletions and variations of data.
- Perceive social contributions.
- Make the benefits effective.
- Assume the inspection and control tasks inherent to its mission.
- Managing the litigation until the collection of the sums owed and / or until the application of the penalties.
- Citing and claiming judicial debtors and offenders.
- Those functions provided by Law 17/2008, of October 3, of social security or other regulations.
Due to this, the CASS needed a platform to manage procedures and contents, with the following objectives:
- Modernize and improve the current portal with a double orientation: contents and processing.
- Incorporate new functionalities and procedures and provide the portal with the appropriate infrastructure to offer the availability and level of service required.
- Have advanced tools for the management of procedures and processes.
To do this, IN2 was asked to carry out the following services:
- Consultancy for the definition of the project.
- Request of requirements.
- Architecture analysis.
- Development of functionalities.
- Implementation of a management platform for procedures and contents.
The final solution is a combination of a Portal component (Liferay) and another of Document Manager (Alfresco), both Open Source and in high availability service.